His 15 years of experience with digital integration and marketing strategy allow him to talk about the technical side of digital marketing as well as how brand strategy plays out in the digital space. In other words, he's fluent in geek and marketer-speak and knows how they work together.
- The Future of Marketing - The future of marketing is uncertain, but Matt's approach balancing cutting edge digital trends with an integrated marketing approach is refreshing and will make audiences think.
- Customer Service; the social media holy grail - Do you have a call center? Do you place a high level of importance on your customer service offering? If you're don't have a social media strategy for customer service, you are losing out on a massive opportunity. This presentation looks at how to plan and execute a strategy that makes sense for your organization.
- Dealing with legal in social media - One of the most often asked questions I get related to social media is "how do I deal with legal?". (Well, there are often a number of expletives in that question.) This is a major challenge for most organizations, but can be overcome with the right approach and strategy. This presentation shows you how to address social media, what constructs make sense as comparison and how to move forward.
- Micromedia - What is it and what do you need to know? - You hear about Twitter, Plurk, BrightKite and wonder what they are and if they matter. This presentation will inform, entertain and engage audiences. You will leave the room with a great understanding of the space and how it applies to your business.
- Building a social media strategy - Social media is new, untamed and honestly a bit scary, but it needs to be strategic. This presentation shows audiences how it can be used strategically through case studies, examples of integration and hands on demos.
- The agile marketing organization - Today's marketing department is under attack. Results need to be measured across the organization, competitors are moving faster than ever and customers are a constantly moving target. This presentation will show you how to adapt to be more agile, react faster, measure more and show results to grow your business.
- Social media within the enterprise - Social media is effective as an external, consumer engagement platform, but it's also highly effective as an internal, employee platform. When combined with sales force automation and ERP/CRM packages it really shines.
- Measuring social media - Social media measurement is mandatory for engaging in this space. Unfortunately, there are many companies selling in programs with no idea how to prove results and drive business. This presentation looks at how social media measurement couples with other analytics within an organization to prove value.
- Digital trends that matter - Look into the crystal ball of marketing and see how it will evolve over the next year. This presentation separates myth from reality and takes a hard look at marketing that matters in the real world, away from the echo chamber of social media.
- More - Do you have a topic that you would like to hear that's not on this list? That's okay, Matt's presented on myriad other topics around digital marketing. Just drop Matt an email.
- "Matt Dickman brought an exciting, relevant and insightful presentation to our ongoing speaker series, Conversations About the Future of Advertising. Our audience really appreciated Matt's outgoing personality, his obvious research and preparation and his ability to respond to questions with useful examples and analysis." - Tim Brunelle, Minneapolis College of Art & Design
"The conference attracted approximately 132 participants from diverse backgrounds. It was very successful and we believe your visit and presentation contributed a lot to the success of the event. We received very positive feedback from the participants who found that your presentation very helpful, beneficial and relevant to their business. You got the highest points for your presentation style from the evaluations from the audience! Their evaluation includes 'they could see the global trends with your smooth presentation style', 'very connected to the topic', 'excellent presentation', 'realistic' and 'helpful'." - Julie Kim, IDG Korea
"Having Matt give a presentation at your conference or workshop is one of the most sound decisions you will ever make as an event planner. Your audience will leave with smiles on their faces and practical plans for how to move forward. Our feedback from his presentation has been overwhelmingly fantastic, and his unique style is one that cannot be easily forgotten. I look forward to future work with Matt, as he made my job very easy…and left my audience very satisfied!" - Brad Kleinman, Director of Education, WorkSmart-eMarketing, LLC
"Matt was an absolute stellar addition to our panel of national speakers for the 2009 Idaho Conference on Recreation and Tourism in Sun Valley. Given our conference was a multi-day event and covered diverse topics ranging from research, digital marketing, PR and social media, we wanted a speaker who could present with ease, tailor content to specific niches and command a room filled with participants of various backgrounds and skill sets. It started and ended with Matt and we are excited to bring him back to Boise for the 2010 Conference. Our attendance numbers are already booking up to see him in action." - Josh Mercaldo, Drake Cooper, Inc.
- Cleveland Ad Club
- Social Media Club - Cleveland
- IDG Future of Marketing Conference - Seoul Korea | Keynote and panel moderator
- Widget Web Expo NYC | Micro interactions panelist
- Blog World Expo 2008 - Las Vegas | Micromedia: The Next Big, Small Thing
- Sun Microsystems Startup Camp 2008 | Marketing your startup in a 2.0 world
- PRSA/Kent State University | Social media bootcamp, "Packaging the Presidency" panelist
- Cleveland Web Association | Twitter for marketing, branding and customer service
- Blogger social 2008 | Planning, attendee
- Minneapolis College of Art & Design | The future of advertising
- Minnesota Interactive Marketing Association | The future of advertising
- WeMedia Miami | Social media ethics panelist
- Northwestern Medill School of Journalism | The potential of virtual worlds
- Cleveland Web Association | Micromedia basics
- Canton, Ohio Advertising Club | Branding through social media
- PRSA Cleveland | Social media 101
The future of advertising - Presented to the Minnesota Interactive Marketing Association on March 17th, 2008. This presentation has been viewed over 30,000 times.
Micromedia: The next big, small thing - Presented at Blog World Expo and viewed close to 8,000 times.
Video From Events
Sun Microsystems Startup Camp 2008
Blog World Expo 2008
Contact Matt today for more information.
*Image by David Mead